Little from the trunk, large in carrying capability: folding sofa trucks are famous for getting and moving. Unfortunately, manufacturers frequently promise too substantial payloads – which may be harmful! In a sofa truck test, we compared 12 sack trucks in practical usage in the workshop and also at the VPA lab under normal circumstances.
The testers were amazed by the results: Bent pipes, sheared joints along with a busted transportation system: In series, the loading evaluation defined by the conventional ruined the transport gear with fold-off work presented by us in the Remscheid Test and Testing Institute (VPA). The caliber of the popular folding carts (from the evaluation carts of this maker SSS began against each other) is scarily awful, particularly for cheap goods – so that our sobering conclusion. Overall, the handcart evaluation consisted of just two models using the evaluation “very good”; the Warriors awarded a “great” or “adequate” twice each period – that the remaining six hands trucks (Sackkarre klappbar) were “weak”.
- At greater loading, many carts have to be slipped strongly inclined
- Just several trucks can hold heavy loads in an erect position
- Some transportation aids didn’t deal with all the payload and flexed
- Half of those analyzed transportation devices failed the security evaluations
How has been analyzed?
- Folding:-LRB-***********) Not all of folding transportation equipment is fast and simple – and over all steady – to – build up, with a few versions, the mechanism doesn’t lock securely.
- Stability:-LRB-***********) Sometimes the carts aren’t secure when unloaded. Through loading, in extreme cases they could tilt against the consumer and result in injuries.
- Tipping the loading:-LRB-***********) The tilting procedure may be quite tiresome, as a top tensile force has to be implemented. For an objective comparison, we’ve quantified the essential force.
- Driving:-LRB-***********) We’ve completed our driving evaluations together with the given nominal load. Some transporters, but only handled this burden with difficulty – or maybe not at all.
- Obstacles:-LRB-***********) In extreme situations, even a threshold can be tough to conquer, a control could be overcome at higher loads with most of those analyzed car just having a helper.
- Load evaluation:-LRB-***********) A 1.5 times minimal load must defy a typical folding cart without severe harm, with dual graded load a static evaluation is necessary. Here a number of our test applicants collapsed.
- Labeling:-LRB-***********) Just some of the transportation equipment had a normal description with speech info.